A new concept in wellbeing...
affordable, accessible, adaptable...
Dealing with worry...
Most of us suffer from worries and anxieties from time to time. Sometimes, though, it can get out of hand, and your worries can interfere with your day to day life.
Worry and anxiety are not easy to deal with, but there are some strategies you can use that will help you stay in control. Don't let the anxiety control your life: take charge!
Some Strategies for dealing with worry and anxiety...
- Eat well---avoid foods that cause stress (sugary foods, caffeine, fatty foods, fried food etc.)
- Breathe properly See here for more advice on this.
- Ask yourself what is the worst that can happen? How likely is it? (not very!)
- Think about all the good things that have happened-list them-think about what good things could happen in the near future.
- Exercise-if you do regular physical exercise, it will help you see things in a more positive light, and then you can find answers to your problems and worries much more easily.
- many people find yoga and meditation helpful.
- Talk to a trusted friend---they may help you see things in a more positive light. (If they don't-try a different friend!)
Follow these links for further advice about dealing with anxiety and other mental health issues: