A new concept in wellbeing...
affordable, accessible, adaptable...
Boston Body Hub CIC was registered on the 7th February 2013. It was developed from an original concept by the Strategic and Operational Directors. They carried out an informal consultation with stakeholders and beneficiaries,identifying a gap in provision in healthy living services.
Boston Body Hub is...
- a Social Enterprise: an organization applying commercial strategies to maximize improvements in human and environmental well-being.
- is not about maximizing profits for external shareholders. We identify the needs of the Boston community, and are committed to providing the services and facilities to meet those needs.
- is Community Interest Company-this is a new type of company introduced by the government in 2005 under the Companies Act 2004, designed for Social Enterprises that want to use their profits and assets for the public good.
What We Do
Boston Body Hub will offer a welcoming supportive environment to customers in which they feel comfortable and confident to engage with services. With a mix of paid staff, volunteers and members we will ensure the community are involved in every aspect of delivering the solution.
The ultimate goal for Boston Body Hub is a sustainable business which can generate enough income to fund its social aims and deliver services which will support real change, enhancing and improving the health of Boston and the district.
Boston Body Hub CIC's Social Aims
- To provide a needs-targeted health & fitness service to the community
- To provide a service which is affordable, motivating, accessible
- To develop a sustainable business which the community helps design, deliver and assess
- To support people by motivating them to achieve weight management
- To provide a programme to help and support people and families become more active and live a healthier lifestyle, stop smoking,lose weight and take control of their lives
- To provide a Healthy Café Service which is affordable and informative, and provide a how to grow your own programme
- To promote health and well being locally and nationally for services for people with obesity and weight issues
- To work in partnership with the Boston Health & Wellbeing Network Communities, health professionals, Local Authorities, and other organizations to better achieve our aims